Monday, June 14, 2010

When did I become an adult??

I am in my mid twenties and I don't remember how I got here.

I do adult things every day, but I don't see myself as an adult.

I still can't believe I am a college graduate. The fact that I am now working on a Master's degree really blows my mind. Until about a year ago, I had never even thought seriously about pursuing an education beyond college. Yet I am a year into my Master's courses and plenty in debt.

There is some quote about things seeming to stay the same as day to day, but when you look back, you notice that a lot has changed. That obviously isn't a direct quote, but you get the idea. I notice this quote is incredibly true when I look back over my past year. A year ago, I was living at home with my parents in my dinky hometown, searching for a job and a boyfriend. Neither of those things were easy to acquire unless I settled for a lot less than I cared to. Now, I am in a rather different position in my life. I have recently moved in with my boyfriend of nearly a year and I gained a school year's worth of experience as a librarian in a two year college.

Unfortunately, one thing is the same as it was a year ago....I am once again unemployed. My librarian position was only temporary and I am once again job seeking. However, I am much more hopeful than I was a year ago. For one thing, I have moved to a big city with many more job opportunities. I was also able to add some great experience and references to my resume from my temporary position. So...hopefully things will start happening once again!

Until then, when I'm not helping my boyfriend with his business selling toys online through his website (I know, he is a total dork), I will have plenty of time to ramble on about random thoughts and wonderments for anyone who cares to read. I realize this is probably no one. Maybe I'll read them myself later...

No comments:

Post a Comment